Improving Parent-Teenager Communication Skills
CLAIM:
My senior project includes starting a youth group at the Latina Center in Richmond and improving the communication between parents and teenagers. Adrian and I will make a survey to both teenagers and parents about what they think their biggest barrier for communication between each other happens. After we have all the surveys in the participants will read the survey aloud to the camera, and we will make a documentary video on it.
REASON:
The reason for this project is because there are many teenagers who feel unloved, or that they can’t have good communication with their parents. This is what leads teens to drugs and gang affiliations. The reason for doing the project is so that of the 100 teenagers surveyed at least 80 of those will improve their communication with their parents and stay out gangs and drugs.
CLAIM:
My senior project includes starting a youth group at the Latina Center in Richmond and improving the communication between parents and teenagers. Adrian and I will make a survey to both teenagers and parents about what they think their biggest barrier for communication between each other happens. After we have all the surveys in the participants will read the survey aloud to the camera, and we will make a documentary video on it.
REASON:
The reason for this project is because there are many teenagers who feel unloved, or that they can’t have good communication with their parents. This is what leads teens to drugs and gang affiliations. The reason for doing the project is so that of the 100 teenagers surveyed at least 80 of those will improve their communication with their parents and stay out gangs and drugs.
EVIDENCE:
I have started reading various books on the reasons for teenage activities in gangs and drugs. All evidence proves that teens join gangs because of the lack for love in their homes. I have my own theory however, I think that it is not lack of love teens suffer, rather lack of communication and that is exactly what will be learned during this project. In my research paper I will make sure to provide enough evidence to support my claim.
I have started reading various books on the reasons for teenage activities in gangs and drugs. All evidence proves that teens join gangs because of the lack for love in their homes. I have my own theory however, I think that it is not lack of love teens suffer, rather lack of communication and that is exactly what will be learned during this project. In my research paper I will make sure to provide enough evidence to support my claim.
VALUE:
I want to become a juvenile counselor for teenagers who need rehabilitation in the court system. This project is of great value to me because of it. I want to achieve my goal of helping teenagers succeed in life. That is the main reason for my project and the value itself. I want to prove teens that their parents do love them and to parents that the children need them more than they think. The value of my project is to better the communication of parents and their children so that the effect of drugs and gangs will not be so great here in Northern California, because after all, every little bit of it helps.
I want to become a juvenile counselor for teenagers who need rehabilitation in the court system. This project is of great value to me because of it. I want to achieve my goal of helping teenagers succeed in life. That is the main reason for my project and the value itself. I want to prove teens that their parents do love them and to parents that the children need them more than they think. The value of my project is to better the communication of parents and their children so that the effect of drugs and gangs will not be so great here in Northern California, because after all, every little bit of it helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment