Monday, March 30, 2009

Hannah Obasi: "Safety Committe Earthquake Preparedness Video"

Claim: I am creating a safety preparedness video to prepare the local community for the next big earthquake. I want to show how to prepare, what to do during an earthquake, and tips for what to do after. Also, I will document the work being put into the large container on our football field that will be filled with safety supplies by the Safety Committee. I will make this video available to a large audience by presenting it at a meeting of representatives from the leadership classes from each high school in the district. Those members will then take that information and spread to their schools.

Reason: I want to spread awareness and create a sense of urgency and need to prepare. I want people to know exactly what to do and start preparing as soon as possible. Also, they should tell a friend.

Evidence: I have been working on the video for a few weeks. I have a lot of footage and am nearly done shooting. I just need a few more statements from a few more people. This video is for the Safety Committee within leadership, and Mr. Hoffman is my mentor. My hours are obtained through time spent working on the video.

Value: Hopefully this video will be useful to our school and others, and many will be able to carry on the information to the people around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment