Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ramirez, Victoria

Claim: I am going to paint three canvases with three distinguishably different styles. One will be abstract, which is going to be difficult; the other from a feminist point of view, showing the innocence and strength of a women; the last, an art-deco type of piece that is only tri-colored and two dimensional of a random person.

Reason: I want to challenge myself into doing different types of painting because it might be something that will help me get away from everyday life into a "different world" - relaxing. If I turn out to like it a lot, I might just go study in Paris to be an artist. I would also like to research artists, since I am not yet fully knowledgable about them or their techniques. This might open up a new door for me.

Evidence: I will log the hours I spend painting, and with Ms. Mosen and my mentor. To show my whole project I shall do a quick video and bring my paintings. I will make it artistic and as if it were coming from an actual artist.

Value: Like I stated before, this might open new doors for me and may lead me to figure out what I want to do. Or if it's not something I want a career in, it can be a hobby for the rest of my life.

1 comment: